Friday, March 6, 2009

Wise Boy

The boys and I had a rough bedtime last night, everyone was agitated, no one wanted to go to bed. Despite my best intentions to keep calm, the impatient and angry mob inside me won out a couple of times. Lukas quickly took over the role of adult in charge: "Mami, no yelling, just say it." And then proceeded to tell me a little anecdote about his friend at school, whom he seems to have taken a toy away from, his friend promptly yelled or screamed or threw a tantrum, and calm teacher intervened with above words, or so I gather the incident occurred. After the initial surprise, I collected myself and realized how awesome it is that the boy gets to go to preschool and learn coping behaviors, and doesn't have to spend all day with me and the unruly mob.

No comments:

Post a Comment